Sunday, January 17, 2010

He Said, She Said, Day 1



Serena Williams, on whether or not her knee was bothering her in her loss to Elena Dementieva in the Sydney final.

"I definitely wasn't at my best."

Lleyton Hewitt, on his upcoming match with Brazilian Qualifier Ricardo Hocevar

"Qualifers are always tough. Over 5 sets though, I'm going to get a feel for him...they're always tough because they've come through qualies and they've done it the hard way and they've won matches...They're used to the conditions, they've got very little to lose when they're in the main draw. So you can't take them lightly."

Novak Djokovic, on the state of his game now compared to his 2008 title run

"Maybe I lost a little stability and confidence from the baseline, you know. I might not play as well as I did from 2008 from the baseline, but I still have a lot of belief that I have a great game."

Maria Sharapova, on the stellar women's draw in Melbourne

"I honestly hope that this will be one of the most exciting years in Women's Tennis. You know, you have the story lines of the comebacks. You have the depth of the top-10. There's many possibilities."

Nikolay Davydenko, on what finally beating Roger Federer has done for his psyche.

"I beat Federer there and my mind started to give me a chance. If I play against Federer, in my mind I don't lose the match beforehand now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Two Cents Here