Saturday, January 23, 2010

He Said She Said - Day 7



"I don't know...big country (laughing)." - Nadia Petrova, on why there are so many good Russian Female players on the Women's tour.

"I know that I can make a living, and a really, really nice living playing tennis. So I'm going to work hard, as hard as I possibly can. I'm not going to waste any opportunity." - John Isner, when asked about his confidence level now, compared to what it was when he had just entered the pro ranks in 2007.

"I didn't deserve to win." - Svetlana Kuznetsova, after a disappointing 3-set loss to Nadia Petrova on Hisense Arena today.

"I always get my coach to serve at me from the service line - even if he's acing you - just to get used to how the ball is bouncing high." - Andy Murray, on how he prepares for a big server like John Isner in practice.

"I'm sure sometimes I even surprised her, how well I was chasing the balls." - Nadia Petrova, on how she wasn't really worried about how long her 4th-round match with Svetlana Kuznetsova would go, because she feels that she is in better shape than she has been in the last few years.

"Every mistake with your serve...is one set." - Rafael Nadal, on how important it is to take care of your serve against Ivo Karlovic.

"No hesitation, no panic, no pause - just WHACK!" - Cliff Drysdale, on Juan Martin Del Potro after he unleashed a vicious forehand to save a break point in the 8th game of the 3rd set against Marin Cilic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Two Cents Here